Rive is a developer and licensor of breakthrough materials-based solutions for diffusion-limited processes, such as those in petroleum refining and chemicals and biofuels production. Through its Molecular Highway™ technology, an innovative materials science platform, Rive enables higher performing catalysts and adsorbents. Rive is initially focused on commercializing Molecular Highway technology in petroleum refining in Fluid Catalytic Cracking in partnership with W.R. Grace. Rive FCC catalysts are more accessible to hydrocarbon molecules, allowing refiners to profit by increasing production of high quality fuels, processing heavier crudes and increasing refinery throughput. To date, Rive Technology has raised a total of $47 million from The Blackstone Group, Charles River Ventures, Advanced Technology Ventures and Nth Power. Rive is expanding its commercial team near Princeton, NJ, with both sales and technical service personnel.
Description of the Position
Rive is seeking a Technical Services Engineer to help lead the commercial launch of Rive’s Molecular Highway catalyst technology in 2013 in the North American refining industry. Rive has a strong preference for this individual to be located in Houston, TX or Princeton, NJ, but is open to exceptional candidates living elsewhere in the U.S. The position reports to the Director of Technical Services.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to be part of our growing, global technical services team and to play a key role in rapidly growing a technology business serving the refining industry.
- Provide on-site technical services for early adopters, initially in North America, so as to launch our Molecular Highway technology. Direct catalyst application as required through FCC operations to demonstrate and maximize value provided by our technology
- Document the learnings from these early accounts, sharing these both externally and internally
- Partner with our Director of Technical Services to direct catalyst application in units and guide customers as required through FCC operations to demonstrate technology value uplift; provide technical assistance to customers by troubleshooting operational issues
- Serve as a link between sales and R&D to put forth our best technology offerings
- Partner with sales in developing and selling an economic value proposition to refiners
- Recommend and implement new catalyst formulations working with R&D and JDA partner
- Assist in defining the playing field for our technology and related marketing, sales and business strategies
- Be a face of our technology to the refining industry, including speaking at industry events
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least a BS in ChE or a science related to the petroleum refining industry
- Minimum 10 years experience in the refining industry with at least 5 years of FCC experience preferably in operations, engineering, catalyst evaluation, or technical service.
- High level of technical credibility
- Expertise in refinery economics and related modeling tools (PIMS, Profimatics, etc)
- Catalyst formulation experience is a major plus
- Technical sales experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to travel (50%)
Rive Technology offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Stock options, medical/dental/vision insurance, life/AD&D insurance, long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and a generous paid time off program (vacation, illness, family & medical leave). Rive is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Interested and qualified candidates should reply with a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.Download PDF